Friday, May 18, 2018

2018 So Far

Again, I've been slacking. I've seen every movie on my Most Anticipation Films of 2018 that's came out, but only reviews 2. So this is gonna be a short run down of the film's that I've seen so far this year.

1. READY PLAYER ONE Um, it's been a minute since Ive watched this so bare with me. It moved me but was corny as hell. The ending in the game should have been it. The real world ending was too long and drawn out for no reason. I can't wait to see it again at home so I can get all the video game references. B

2. BLACK PANTHER. The hype was unreal and I was totally into it. T'achalla is sexy as hell and his cuz Killmonger equally charismatic. The whole 1st and 2nd act had me. But the 3rd act not so much. The CGI fight scene was unfortunate. Shuri was the best thing in the film. Looking forward to the inevitable sequel. B+

3. ANNIHILATION This was a syfy thriller starring Natalie Portman. It was very intense and refreshing do to the fact that I could not guess what was gonna happen from one scene to the next.  Moreover I can not tell you how it ended even if I want to. My mind was blown and the moment I thought I got the pieces back together they fell right out my hands. I definitely need to read the book and the rest of the series by Jeff VanderMeer called the Southern Reach Trilogy. B

4. AVENGER: INFINITY WAR Okay so I saw this twice. The first time I was in awe of the scale of it all. The A1 characters team ups, the fight scenes, the death and destruction. I could not believe the awesomeness of it all. So on 1st viewing it as an A++ easy. The 2nd time the shine had worn off. Manly the the tone was all over the place. Marvel films have always been heavy with comedy but this time it was just too heavy considering the steaks. Another fail was the CGI of Thanos. He looked like a video game character and didn't do him justice at all. He was hands down the best comic book movie villain since Heath Ledger's Joker . I don't care what nobody says Killmonger was just a black Magneto. And at the killed off half the characters but it was hard to care because we know it's a part 4 and there is a time stone so all the have to do is hit rewind and boom everybody's back. B+

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE FLASH 2023 finally arrives about 5 years too late

THE FLASH 2023 6/10 The movie that should have came out between Batman v. Superman and the Justice League movie. Like MOS and a stand alone ...